Where are the most effective locations to place your home security cameras in Ventura? Normally, there are three major regions of your property for video protection: your front door, the exterior space around your home, and strategic interior positions. Even though your installation team can suggest where to start, here's a quick guide of where to place your home security cameras at your home.
Don’t Forget To Defend Your Front Entryway
Although it may seem crazy that a burglar would make an effort to casually stroll through primary entrance, 34% of intrusions happen at the front door. You also have delivery bandits among other threats to consider. A doorbell camera is able to manage all of these concerns with crystal clear high-def, wide-angle capabilities.
Doorbell surveillance is nice as you have the ability to converse with any visitors who approach and press the button. By using your mobile application, like ADT Control, you can respond to each instance with 2-way talk and live feeds and look like you’re home. Then if a visitor begins doing something questionable, you will have your camera record a clip and deliver it to your cell phone via a text notification.
Cover The Most Area With Your External Video Surveillance
Where to place home security cameras around your property can be a daunting undertaking. Fortunately, there are some useful recommendations to help ensure you’re defended properly.
- The corners of your Ventura residence provide a better field-of-view, seeing two sections of your property.
- Position underneath an overhang or straight into a bit of cladding or edging are excellent options for cameras as they will be somewhat obscured by the edge of your house.
- On top of your garage, as the garage door is a more enticing passageway for invaders than you’d think!
- Overlooking a patio or rear door -- or any entrance not in clear view from the road.
In each of these spots, be sure to trim away any brush and branches that may block the camera’s view.
Tips To Get The Best Results From Your In-Home Surveillance
You have a wider range of choices on where to place home security cameras inside your property in Ventura. That same versatility means you have additional aspects to consider:
- Beware of Sun Glare: While you’ll want to be certain your windows are closed and locked, the sunshine that enters via a window may create a glare and impact the clarity of your video recording. Point the front of your camera away from direct blasts of sunshine to eliminate this problem.
- Utilize Height: In the same fashion as a guard tower, a surveillance device located in a high place will produce a more panoramic view. Try placing your cameras on top of tall pieces of furniture or affixed to a corner or ceiling.
- Keep Out of Reach: Your surveillance system won’t have the chance to defend your property if it’s broken. Install your security cameras in a spot where kids and your furry friends have no ability to mess with them. Consider mounting or a different method to secure them to make sure they won’t wobble if inadvertently knocked into.
- Houseplants and Decor: The best video camera will fail to be of much use if there is a houseplant in the way. On the other hand, decor or foliage may be a perfect way to hide your surveillance installation. Just ensure they don’t keep the camera from doing its job!
Have Secure24 Alarm Systems Install And Place Your Home Security Cameras
To ensure the proper installation of your home security cameras and security devices, use the experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’ll find the right package for your entire property -- safeguarding all areas. Simply contact (805) 292-2582 or submit the form below to start your project.