When you’re a homeowner, one of the most menacing perils to your property and family is the potential for a fire. The U.S. Fire Administration projected in 2019 that American homeowners underwent approximately $1.6 billion in costs due to unintentional or careless fires. Unfortunately, fires are unexpected and are frequently stoppable -- with a little knowledge of where to start. And hopefully you have a monitored fire alarm that gets you aid immediately should you ever have an outbreak.
What Causes House Fires In Ventura?
Fires may start in any spot at any time in the home. However, you can lower the danger of fire if you take countermeasures around the following objects:
- Stoves and Ovens: Cooking is the leading cause, by a huge margin, of a house fire in Ventura. Kitchen-related blazes typically begin when the kitchen is left neglected while making the meal. Water tossed on a grease fire can quickly spread a flame that would alternatively be contained.
- Candles: Nodding off in a room with a burning candle is problematic, even when you use a recessed candle holder. The flame is more than capable of catching a curtain ablaze if left near a window, and pets can bump into candles while exploring. The National Fire Protection Association approximates that more than 7,600 properties were damaged due to candle-related accidents between 2014-2018.
- Electrical wires: Corroded electrical circuit interrupters, “tamper-resistant” electrical outlets, degrading or poorly installed lighting, and frayed lamp cords is a big risk. Don't overburden your outlets or plug an item in with bare electrical components. And if you hear crackling or detect smoke from the outlet, power down the breaker off ahead of investigating.
- Space Heaters: Look past coiled space heaters because debris, like pet fur, paper or plastic scraps, or bed sheets can end up in and alight. However, you should also monitor fan and ceramic space heaters for the entire duration of use.
- Cigarettes: Just in 2014, U.S. fire departments came to more than 17,000 house fires caused by cigars, pipes, or cigarettes. If you have tobacco products that smokes indoors, be certain they never pass out with a cigarette or lay in bed with one. And fully put out your cigarette before you toss it into a garbage can.
A Monitored Smoke Detector Can Can Helps When It Senses A Fire
If a fire should spark, you definitely want to have an effective discovery system to inform your family members before it's too late. A common smoke alarm could suffice but is limited to alerting you if smoke is in thick clouds. An advanced fire alarm -- a security device that's pair with your home security system -- is powerful enough to discover both smoke and climbing heat and is better equipped to make sure everyone is safe.
A monitored fire alarm has several it can inform you of smoke. Your alarms can inform your loved ones with an incredibly loud tone and a notification to your smartphone. That’s when your always-on monitoring experts will contact the fire department. And if you're ever somewhere in which you can't get you your house when a fire blazes, you can be reassured that your monitoring agent can help coordinate communication between you and the fire department.
Protect Your Home With Monitored Fire Alarms From Secure24 Alarm Systems
The chance of house fires in Ventura should never be underestimated, but you can have peace of mind if you have a monitored fire alarm on the premises. Contact Secure24 Alarm Systems, and we’ll help you install all the safety sensors you need with a cutting-edge home security system. Call (805) 292-2582 or submit the form below to begin.