How Can Geofencing In Ventura Enhance A Security System?
Modern home security solutions are becoming increasingly more intelligent. But, unfortunately, it’s still easy to fail to complete basic security chores like arming your a security system, lowering the garage door, or even making sure your doors are locked.
Would you like it if you didn’t have to concern yourself with these chores again? When utilizing geofencing in Ventura, you can let your system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Ventura For your Security System?
Geofencing generates a virtual perimeter around your house, which you may set up in your smartphone app. This modern home security option then uses your cell phone to see when you go beyond the border and then puts in motion pre-programmed actions or notifications.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart implements take advantage of to interact with other connected equipment. The technology assists your home security by centralizing all elements onto the same network. You can then draw a virtual “fence” along the perimeter of your home and program what actions you want to take place as you cross the boundary.
For instance, shortly after you leave your property, you may instruct your security system to engage door locks, lower the garage door, and arm your alarms. Conversely, when you return to your house, geofencing can inform your system to disarm alarms, raise the garage door, activate lighting, and even alter your your temperature settings.
Here are several of the devices you may manage with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Home electronics such as Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Garage doors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are All Possible With Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways to use your home security system in Ventura. With the security app, you have the ability to do a lot with home automation. In a few easy touches of your phone, and you are able to:
● Program schedules: arrange your smart devices to engage at a specific time. Instruct your lighting to lower to signal that it's bedtime, or deactivate your alarms when you get up.
● Control device interactions: Make particular components engage when another element is triggered. Direct your thermostat to activate the connected fan when a smoke detector goes off. Or illuminate your hallway lighting when your surveillance system senses abnormal activity around your property.
● Set a scene: Create custom room scenes with components that function in concert with each other. Make your smart bulbs switch off, the A/C go down, and the smart door locks activate when it's time for bed. Or set the mood for movie night with the right light and HVAC levels.
● Take advantage of geofencing: It's easy to forget to enable the security system as you're running late for work. With geofencing technology and your cell phone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to turn on your alarms and put down the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Ventura
Whether you seek additional peace-of-mind of a completely secure residence whenever you drive away or you want to explore your home automation options, geofencing can help. Speak with one of our representatives today at (805) 292-2582 or send in the following form to get started on your ideal security system.